This one comes benefit of Nell, who sent hers to me this morning. It seems like quite a nice one, really, which is why it’s here…
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN . . .
Three jobs I have had in my life:
1. Costume jewellery design & production. Yep I used to bend bits of wire together and add beads to make earings and necklaces that sold for $50-150. And I just about got 10% of the proceeds.
2. Conference organiser for the British Plumbing Employer’s Council. They hired me as a temp to organise training conferences for them. I did one conference (which was fun) then spent the rest of my 9mth stint reformatting database data. (which wasn’t.)
3. 4mths as PA to the General Manager of Australian Banking Group, Westpac Bank. Had to wear suits and heels to work, but it wasn’t a difficult job on the whole. I had a good boss and got well paid. This job paid for me to come to the UK.
Three Places that I have lived
1. Annandale, Sydney. Famous for the renowned Annandale Hotel, hotspot for upcoming local music talent.
2. Edinburgh, Scotland. Lovely place, truly lovely. My second home, I think.
3. France, on a 32m canal boat floating hotel running between Beziers and Carcassonne on the Canal Du Midi. Lovely scenery, lovely food and people. Crap accommodations (no cat swinging in my ‘box room’) and crap job.
Three TV shows I like to watch
1. The West Wing – very sadly defunked. Will be sorely missed. Luckily I have all 7 seasons on DVD! :)
2. Deadwood – brilliant. Dead brilliant.
3. Numb3rs – Ridley and Tony Scott produced FBI/mathematician series with Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz. Well worth a watch!
Three places I have vacationed:
1. Greek Island of Zakynthos – stunning scenery, swam in the Med (COLD!), got sunburnt, had a holiday romance.
2. Salzburg – Fantastic! Wonderful! Bravo!
3. Australia – when I come home to visit I cover a hell of a lot of the East Coast – from Brisbane to Bermagui….
Three of my favourite foods:
1. Seafood. (Almost) everything except oysters
2. Artichoke. With lemon and garlic sauce.
3. Cherries. Anywhere, anytime. Best? I had a cold cherry soup in France that was mindblowing!
Three places where I would rather be right now:
1. Australia. With family and friends and the things I’m missing.
2. A sunny beach somewhere. Anywhere really.
3. Moscow. Still holding a yearning to go and find any possible relatives (My great grandfather fled the revolution to Australia – but he must have relatives, right?). Also to see the onion domes of St Basil’s.