For those of you who know everything – here’s a few that you maybe didn’t know…
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
- No piece of paper can be folded in halfmore than seven (7) times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
- The King of Hearts is the only king in the deck without a moustache.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olivefrom each salad served in first-class.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise. (Since Venus is normally associated with women, what does this tell you!)
- Apples are more efficient at waking you up in the morning than caffeine.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer. So did the first Marlboro Man.
- Pearls melt in vinegar! (not that you’d want to try and confirm this)
- The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs… but, not downstairs.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. (I keep my toothbrush in the living room!)
And the best for last…..
- Turtles can breathe through their butts!