One year today. Lordy. I feel older just talking about it. :) And to celebrate – I’ve changed my layout again. I was finding the text size on the black a bit little, straining my eyes a bit, and I couldn’t boost it…. frustrating, cause I quite liked the black (it’s the repressed goth in me) but there you go.
Happy blogiversary to me, and happy birfdy to WordPress too – two years old today!
But back to me. :) Congratulations to me for keeping this going. I do enjoy doing it, though some days more than others, and I see myself continuing for some time yet.
Feels strange, though, knowing I’ve been blogging for a whole year.And what’s happened? Well…
- got my drivers licence again
- got a car
- my mum & stepdad visited me and we toured England, Scotland and Ireland together (I can confirm that I have now seen more of the UK than most Brits I know!)
- I’ve been to Paris, and I got to take my parents! My mum saw the Eiffel Tower and The Mona Lisa! And I got to take her!! :) (I even got her to try escargots, but don’t tell anyone – she’s keeping mum about the ‘incident’) :)
- I’ve been to Dublin
- I’ve been to Stockholm and eaten reindeer (v nice it was too!)
- I’ve been to Marrakech and got hassled in the Medina
- I’ve been to Salzburg and dosed myself on Mozart
- I’ve booked tickets for Berlin (still researching)
- I’ve seen the Victory at Portsmouth (whooHoo!)
- I’ve had 2 moles cut off my leg – and more to follow according to my dermatologist
- I’ve got a new roommate – first time I’ve lived with anyone for about 5 years.. all good so far
- I’ve been up in a glider for an amazing 14 mins
- I’ve shared my book collection – raved about some, disregarded others, but always read…
- I’ve fretted about politics, foreign relations, the state of UK cricket, the FAB Aussie cricket team, pay tv vs terrestrial, the joys of growing up in Oz and the joys of Formula 1 Racing
- I’ve had some truly wonderful meals, and tried lots of new things, most of the thanks for which go to my lovely friends :)
- I’ve enlightened you all with a touch of the poet on Kulcha Tursdy (which I think I’m going to have to revive – I really enjoyed finding culture to share.)
- I’ve shared some of the wonders of our universe with fantastic images from space.
- I’ve shared some world-class silliness, if I do say so myself
And I’ve loved (almost!) every minute of it!
Roll on year two!